More than a hanger

Hi readers! How was your day?
I have the habit of personalizing my own things when is not the “element of design” type for me. Sometimes it is just hard to get what you really want at the right price. Therefore, I would rather conserve my energy and DIY the simplest things to become a statement piece, now on my front door.

Share with you a few of very creative hangers designed by Antonello Fusè from Resign. Remember to check out their website for more unique finds.




If you dislike Do-It-Yourself projects, look for Lilia Frances to customize your own wire hangers

The very talented Miss Pascale was nice enough to share her DIY wire hanger tutorials at her blog: //Between the lines//


▲ Follow her colorful wire clothes hanger tutorial here





▲ Learn how to create Free style crochet and a wire coat hanger here


▲ And yet another clothes hanger tutorial here


▼ Here is my own version of the DIY wire hanger.


My own material:
*Please note that my list is for personal use only not for commercial use*
• Wire hanger
• A4 size Card board
• Left over fabrics
• Curtain ring with clip ( I got these curtain ring with clip from IKEA)
• Graphic artwork of my own (you may draw or download some fancy fonts here)
-the font i am using is "HOME SWEET HOME"
• Printable canvas paper for my inkjet printer


I am always thankful to those craft designers who are generous enough to share their DIY project tutorials. Instead of just following the tutorial, I always try to make my end product unique by adding my own ideas in the project. Why copy the design when you’re given a chance to be creative? :-D

The best part about DIY projects is that you able to tailor the project to the size, color, pattern and texture that you prefer.
Before working on the actual material (if is vintage, or expensive), use some left over materials to practice. Only then will you have a brief idea on how the actual piece will turn out and you will then be able to alter without wasting your precious actual material. There are many “unexpected ideas” pop out in the process of experimenting. Therefore before you start, do remember to keep your camera and journal near you, so that you’ll be able to capture everything without missing a step. “Practice make perfect” keep on practicing till you get it right. Only after that, then try to proceed with the project on the actual material with passion and confidence.

Comments

Popular Posts