Unexpected gifts of year 2014


I was supposed to share these earlier but I was terribly sick for a week after the workshop.

I always believe that I have guardian angels around me, especially in my darkest days. This year has been very tough for me, nothing seems to be going right... but I am so blessed to have friends and family to light up my life during this dark period. Thank you so much for being there for me! December has been great every day and counting! I was thrilled when I met my previous student, friends and even silent readers who signed up for this workshop (you know who you are) and these really made my day! Wishing everyone a MERRY MERRY X'mas and thank you all for your support for the workshop! I am currently preparing the photos and write-up on the Nong Jia Nü collaboration with MUJI. If you are keen to find out more about the process, do stay tuned!

PS: Few students were asking me about the ribbon tying,  though it's a bit late, I managed to find a similar technique to guide you to tie a perfect ribbon.
Ribbon Tying video



Unexpected gifts 1: Small & Able give away, it's overwhelming to receive such a wonderful gifts that were "unintentionally" customised for you - it's like a big lottery win for me!
Thank you Sarah & Siew!

Unexpected gifts 2: This person has changed my life "a bit" according to what she said, but to me it's a lot more than that. She gave me this card before I started my workshop with MUJI, and yes, I was reminded that I am actually "FEARFULLY and wonderfully MADE" for something I am passionate about. A simple gesture that touched my heart, so, big thanks to Jo from The Letter J Supply

Unexpected gift 3: On the last session of my workshop with MUJI, my friend Dion and her hubby- 鐘先生 who signed up for the class, presented me with all my childhood snacks and a book that is all about Picnic! All my friends knew I am a big fan of different types of outdoor picnics and this book comes with all the guides and tips for me to "shine" in my next picnic.
So, thank you both for coming to my class and remembering what I liked most!

Unexpected gift 4: When the last workshop with MUJI ended, I received a bag that was filled with MUJI snacks and food, on top of a MUJI gift card, MUJI coupons and their 1st handmade card (*priceless*). What a great way to end this workshop with MUJI. Big big thanks to Jasmine, Alycia, Ann, Melody and all the unsung heroes who made this MUJI MAGIC happen at such short notice.

Unexpected gift 5: After the last session of the MUJI workshop, I hung-out at Macha House (beside Tokyu Hands) with Khim and Cindy who came to support me at the MUJI workshop. Then I jokingly and casually asked Khim's daughter - Kiki to buy me a present at Tokyu Hands. After we parted for home separately, Kiki took my words seriously and insisted of buying a gift for me (*sorry Khim*) and that's how i ended with a gift from this super duper cute girl - Kiki, haha! Thanks Kiki and Khim and I promise to be extra careful what I wish for next time :P
Unexpected gift 6: A student cum friend of mine - Sisca@happisis, who I have not met for a year, she gave me her first ever embroidery brooch with her unique style of illustration, don't you think this is so adorable?


Unexpected gift 7: I just received this Merci chocolate 2 days ago from my cousin who rarely gave me presents,  so it was such a surprise for me, it's always the thought that counts. Thank you Cam!

Unexpected gift 8: I received Yeoypawka Monkey caramel and Kallo Organic Mushroom Stock from my very talented and quirky friends - Kuanth & Sin. They can really read minds - how on earth do they know that I am always using this brand of mushroom stock? Thank you both for being such entertaining friends in my life!

Comments

Popular Posts